Our resources will focus on providing a holistic view of where and how to access mental health resources on campus and in the community. We aim to achieve this by:
- Halcyon Behavioral Health (1-888-425-4800) is a Fresno State Athletics sponsored resource that supports our student-athletes with the challenges and demands that come with balancing the life as a college student-athlete. This resource offers enhanced access to a variety of mental health services and support, such as: Stress and Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Problems, Grief and Loss, Substance Abuse, Legal Services, Anger Management, Child Care Referrals, Financial Planning, Family Issues, Identity Theft Recovery to name a few.
- Maintaining the Bulldog Brave Bulldog Strong website to organize information for student-athletes, students, and the community to use and interact.
- Halcyon gives Bulldog student-athletes 24/7/365 access to licensed counselors for assessment and confidential referral needs. After establishing a provider, they also have the technology to offer Scheduled Video, Telephone and Web Chat counseling sessions on the Halcyon EAP Website if in-person visits are not possible.
A cornerstone of de-stigmatizing mental health is rooted in education around mental health. We aim to educate our student athletes and staff by:
- Utlizing annual team sessions focused on how to access resources individually and how to use the resources to help others if needed. Including suicide prevention training.
- Working with SAAC and SAS to bring in speakers on related topics. Our goal is to open up the conversation and keep it moving forward to educate student-athletes about the importance of maintaining mental wellness.
- Continuing to educate staff and coaches on suicide prevention training, high risk mental health referrals, navigating hard conversations, training the student-athlete with mental health concerns for peak performance, etc.
We aim to increase understanding of how necessary it is to address mental health, and what our campaign hopes to achieve by:
- Create featured documentaries highlighting student-athletes’ personal stories regarding mental health.
- Create featured head coach videos highlighting their support for mental health awareness and support for access for their teams.
- Expand #BulldogBraveBulldogStrong social media presence through various Fresno State media accounts; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Student Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) will work with each team to designate a “#BulldogBraveBulldogStrong” game/competition dedicated towards mental health awareness on our campus and in the surrounding community.